As I mentioned here, my boyfriend is obsessed with pizza. As I continue on with my pizza challenge, I decided to make one of my favorite pies: white pizza.I have gone through many “pizza stages” in my life. From extra cheese to no cheese, from no sauce to only sauce, and so on and so forth. I drove my parents crazy with my insane eating habits. When I used to remove the cheese from my pizza, they used to say I was the best person to eat with because they would grab all of my scraps (aka the best parts!) But now, I’m not exactly the best eating buddy because I seem to love all pizza thrown my way – leaving basically no scraps. Eating this pie made me wonder why I have been unintentionally neglecting white pizza for so long. I am definitely going back on a white pizza kick.
This was relatively easy to make, although I didn’t follow a recipe and just hoped for the best. Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- I used a 9″ round greased pan (since I don’t have a pizza tray yet) and stretched the dough to fit the pan.
- Mix together a few tablespoons of olive oil and garlic- put into a pan and bring it to a slight boil.
- Brush the garlic oil onto the pizza dough everywhere except for a half an inch around the border.
- Mix together ricotta cheese with your favorite seasonings – I just used salt and pepper.
- Scoop generous amounts of the ricotta mixture onto the pizza dough- spread evenly. I usually see pizza places doing globs of ricotta, but I wanted to spread it. This way, every bite has mozzarella AND ricotta!
- Add as much or as little shredded mozzarella (or any cheese mixture) on top as desired.
- Place into preheated oven for 20 minutes.