I originally bought these mini pie tins, naturally to make mini pies (confession – and because the tins are so cute), but I haven’t gotten around to making pies yet. I decided to try out a different kind of pie, the mini pizza pie! My pizza tirade continues. First it was pocket-sized pizza and then white pizza… this time, I made mini-pan pizzas. These mini pizza’s were so delicious and were the perfect size to pick up and eat for a snack, but also surprisingly filling. Roll out your dough, place into the pans and add any toppings you please. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes and enjoy!
This was relatively easy to make, although I didn’t follow a recipe and just hoped for the best. Here’s what I did:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- I used a 9″ round greased pan (since I don’t have a pizza tray yet) and stretched the dough to fit the pan.
- Mix together a few tablespoons of olive oil and garlic- put into a pan and bring it to a slight boil.
- Brush the garlic oil onto the pizza dough everywhere except for a half an inch around the border.
- Mix together ricotta cheese with your favorite seasonings – I just used salt and pepper.
- Scoop generous amounts of the ricotta mixture onto the pizza dough- spread evenly. I usually see pizza places doing globs of ricotta, but I wanted to spread it. This way, every bite has mozzarella AND ricotta!
- Add as much or as little shredded mozzarella (or any cheese mixture) on top as desired.
- Place into preheated oven for 20 minutes.
My boyfriends favorite food of all time is Pizza. It’s kinda of a problem. I have never met anyone in my life that likes pizza as much as him – I think he could eat five large pies by himself. I had never made homemade pizza before – my original plan here was to make a regular pie, but this quickly changed when I saw the muffin tray that I made these with. I decided that I am going to try to make him a few “twists” on the classic pie – here is the first attempt. I lined the bottom with pizza dough, piled on a layer of mozzarella, followed by some sauce, and some of his favorite seasonings – added more cheese, some breadcrumbs, and some more seasoning. I unfortunately don’t have any pictures from after they were removed from the pan, because these pocket-sized treats went that fast.